YES – is the short answer! Here’s why:
- The standard american diet is composed of processed foods full of additives and chemicals depleting us from much needed nutrients & causing weakening of the gut lining.
- 80% of people are dealing with gut issues. The gut is where nutrients is absorbed from the foods we eat! What does this mean? You could be eating a very clean diet but not absorbing key nutrients your organs need to function optimally!
- Food today is not as nutritionally dense compared to our grandparents food.
Things to keep in mind:
- Not all supplements are created equal! Choose quality supplements that are professional grade, pure, potent, and free of heavy metals, pesticides, chemicals, and extra binders and fillers. The extra crap could be doing more harm than good!
- Pay attention to the ingredients! Some products can cause more inflammation in the body if the person has a food sensitivity to the ingredients such as gluten, soy, dairy, ect. or other additives.
- We all have different body types and nutritional needs according to our genes and lifestyle. Running a nutrient deficiency test is a great way to see which nutrients a person is deficient in. For example, being deficient in B Vitamins indicates the hormonal pathway is malfunctioning…Vitamin D can indicate fat malabsorption, Zinc can indicate a weakened immune system, etc.
- Supplementing with specific nutrients should be temporary until the body is absorbing proper amounts of the nutrient and no longer test as a deficiency.
- Have a lot of nutrient deficiencies? Focus on the the WHY…THE ROOT CAUSE!
If you’re ready to dive into your health investigation, then let’s do it! Schedule an appointment with me to kick your health game up a notch by identifying the root cause of imbalances in your body! You owe it to yourself!